Monday, August 17, 2009

Sunset


Sunset, let me drift with you this night.
And as the last of your rays stretch across the land,

And as heavens first bright star of the night climbs high up in the sky,

I close my eyes and make a wish,

That all my dreams will come true...this night.

My tear filled eyes, from all this day has taken from me,

Close, as I pray for sleep and wonder,
Will heavens angels guard the memories I keep.

I dream away, not wanting to think of another day.

I'm still so numb from all that has come.

On this,
ordinary day
.


Sunrise, why is it so you don't arrive.
Why is it so that sleep was denied.
Where is you're warmth that use to kiss my face,
And the morning breeze that whispered my name,
I wonder why I spend long and lonely nights
Waiting for you to find me.

~N


No comments:

Post a Comment