Thursday, December 17, 2009

Broken Open


Love, it's a complicated emotion isn't it? Is it possible to love someone, then suddenly, not love them?

As I pondered that thought, I began to think on another emotion - dislike. When you forgive that person what is the emotion toward them then? It can't be captured in the word forgiveness, that is an act. Does it then become like? You like that person?

If so, does love, when it grows cold and you find the only ember that remains, strike a match or gently blow, attempting to bring back the flame and you get nothin', what then?

I am there now, watching the last ember of love slowly fade away. As I search through memories and days of old, try as I might, I get nothin' one way or the other - love or dislike.

Is this a process of healing and this stage I have entered become nothingness, giving my heart and mind a place to dwell through with gentleness and ease until the day comes when a clear emotion will drift through?

Could I have done more?
Why do hearts change?
How is it that love can fade?

Can those you once loved, still be friends when the love you once had, the moments you once shared, vanish? And of that certain someone I once upon a time thought I knew by heart, the one I shared a life with, can I sift through our past life together and from that, make a memory bouquet? Is that what people do?

I wonder...
Will the stars fall from the sky?
Will there be no tears left to cry?
Will clocks stop in my world?

And what of those tears that fall like rain? Because they surely do and will fall. Do I keep them in a bottle?

And what of those words? The ones that are unspoken. Will I ever speak them and when I do, will they fall on deaf ears?

And what of the feeling of brokenness, who or what will heal me in my broken places?

I wonder...

This life of mine, will it be able to turn into something from the nothing that it was?

I fear I was wasting time.

As in all affairs of the heart, there are two sides to the story. I only know one - mine. I know he has thoughts and feelings he seems unable to express, but how long must I wait? How many chances do I surrender to? I am sorry only means something when it is backed up with actions that prove the I am sorry was sincere.

No more talk of darkness now. I will forget my fears and I place them far behind me. I know my heart is safe now. I have found my freedom as daylight drys my tears. I will talk of summer time again. All I want is a world with no more night.

No comments:

Post a Comment