Saturday, December 12, 2009

It was kinda sorta strange for me. I got off work and went shopping for a Christmas party outfit. Last Christmas party I went to was six years ago at a fellow teachers home. We all wore clothes we would wear to school - to work in. Not this time. It was a dressy event so guess where I went?

Remember my summer escapedes when I went for a me day and on the way stopped at a clothing store and found the clothes to my liking but with prices so high it took two hands to hold the tag! That is where I went.

They didn't have the slacks I wanted so I bought the top there. It was a deep red with black flocking and touches of golden thread. I liked it very much. I headed to my frequent stop shop and found the slacks but shoes were another issue. No shoes I liked so...on to another store.

As I finally headed home I looked at the time and saw it was 6:30 p.m. already. Late for me. Old requirements were I must be home before 5 and dinner on the table at 5.

I didn't get home until 7:00 p.m. that night. Dinner was dished up at 10:00 p.m. the best part was - it was all acceptable.

The drive home was almost as wonderful as the drive to work was. It was past dark when I came home that night. Don't ask what past dark is...it just is.

giggle

No comments:

Post a Comment