Monday, December 21, 2009

Question

I was wondering, do you take on burdens that don't belong to you? Do you recognize them when you do?

I often feel responsible for everyone's well being. I am learning to acknowledge burdens I place on myself that don't belong to me and kinda sorta disown them.

However, there is more, isn't there always?

Recently for example, I allowed myself to carry a burden that did not belong to me. Within a few minutes, I realized what I had done. I told myself that the burden was not mine to carry and placed it where it should be. Or so I thought.

This all happened the other night. That day, I found myself dragging through the day. It became clear to me I was dragging because of the extra weight from the burden I was yet carrying.

So, I asked myself - am I then suppose to own this burden or is my desire to be a people pleaser and fixer of the wrongs this world serves out to the weak and the strong, taking over.

Tough question. I'm going to have to give it more thought now....

No comments:

Post a Comment