Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mistakes


Do you know it is ok to make a mistake?


Do you know it is ok to have your own opinion?


I didn't. At least I felt it was not ok and it was not acceptable to make a mistake and to voice my opinion.


I still hurt inside when I make a comment or state how I feel, then see and hear looks of frustration, a raised voice and looks of disappointment. Old habits come back to me. I fidget with my hands, my eyes well up with tears, my heart feels pain.


But, I recover. I restate their words to them and again reclaim my views. I know I am stronger. I am refusing to allow the way I had to think and speak be a part of who I am today.


In the past, I have allowed others, their words and actions, to interfere with my well being.


It has to stop. I have to be the one to make the change. I don't mean by not listening or avoiding those kinds of people. What I mean is, changing the way I receive what I am given by their words and actions.


I don't think most people mean to hurt others but still, I allow some people to hurt me. So, it's up to me - It's up to you also if you are in the same position I was and am in, to make the change.


It is not easy, for me anyway, to make that change. I just keep telling myself that I have value and I remind myself that I am loved. Eventually, I will get it...right?


I will follow the rules. I will care for others - their feelings, opinions and accept their differences.


However, I walk more boldly.

I like being me.


No comments:

Post a Comment