Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In Place

I put the hair dryer back in its place. I grabbed up the straps of my make up bag and put it back in its place.

I looked in the mirror. The hair dryer was my friend this morning, every hair is in its place.

I see my attempt at applying mascara to my eye lashes rather than on my eye lids has been successful. Once again, everything in its place is what I can say.

But why then the sad eyes?

Because my life is not in its place like the rest of me seems to be - at least this morning.

I don't like to be sad but it is an emotion that exists and so I must except it. I don't expect each of my days to leave me with only happiness. I never fooled myself in that way - that my dreams will come true. Being use to set backs, I anticipate sadness to creep in and find its place in my life. All the same, I hate it, wouldn't you?

So....

What happens now - I wonder

Being who I am

I seem to be a magnet

for anyone to hurt me

and people do


I think I'll be fine

well

maybe not that fine

but

I'll survive anyhow


I always do


No comments:

Post a Comment