Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Old Friend


I ran into an old and dear friend. What I meant by old was from long ago but not so far away. However, after 30+ years we both are older so maybe old speaking age wise is accurate also.

I suppose the reason we ran into each other is due to my getting out more, or something like that.

What a surprise it was. Actually, it was a very nice surprise. Our first chat was unusual for me. I listened mostly. There was a lot of catching up to do! As I watched their expressions and as they talked, familiarity returned.

How about you? Ever run into an old classmate or friend from long ago?

Faces and bodies change. Even personalities change as we grow and mature. Somewhere deep down, we are still the same in many ways. That part that makes us who we are never seems to go away or change. As for me, I am glad for the meeting. I am elated at having the opportunity to rekindle a friendship.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment