Wednesday, December 9, 2009

People Pleaser

I am a people pleaser. Yes I know, that is a learned behavior but it is also my gift as a servant to do for others.

Someone said to me the other day that they appreciated all I do for them but what do I do for Nancy - me.

Hmmmm - Yikes

I didn't give a response. Mostly because I had forgotten that in order to be a healthier me, I must not forget myself, my needs and wants.

It's been so long since I thought about me that I really don't know how to begin.

So that explains why I spent the majority of the weekend cleaning the house and reorganizing the kitchen. (Yes Patty, I emptied cupboards, cleaned them and put things back as I thought of you and how much fun and how many giggles we would be having. I thought about the stories we would tell or make up as we sorted through spices and cans then lined the shelves with fresh shelf liner.) I love to clean!

I had music playing kinda sorta loud as I cleaned so I could sing along without damaging the neighbors ears or at the very least, interfering with their well being.

To conclude my weekend of splendor, I got out of bed a bit early on Sunday morning to write. I can't fully enjoy the moment though without a hot cup of coffee and a candle burning so I made coffee too and lit the only candle I could find.

I sat on a couch with the front door cracked open. The more than crisp air reminded me of the light layer of snow that drifted to earth the night before. Remnants of it remained.

With the door cracked open, I could more clearly hear the rooster and donkey neighbors welcoming the morning as they wait for breakfast.

All this has brought me peace, joy and a comfort I have been needing and longing for.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment