Tuesday, December 29, 2009

...someone was weeping

but the world was sleeping.



Sleep was the only exit available and it became my best friend, my source of peace.



I woke longing to catch a view of the world outside through the window. I had to drag myself from the bed to get the best view, to see for certain what I thought I knew. The sky through the only window I had available was not enough for me.



I was glad I made the effort, the struggle was worth it.



I sat crisscross applesauce at the end of the couch. I sighed. A smile finally emerged on my face as I heard the donkey making music for me from somewhere down the road. The grass was covered in frost.



Familiar cars and trucks drove along the road. I could hear the distant train rambling down the track at its appointed time.



It felt good to see with my own eyes that the world had not met with some cataclysmic destiny while I slept as I thought it had.



My heart began to beat like a slow and steady drum. Music of the sunrise warmed me.



I was still once again and I was more certain of what I knew...

No comments:

Post a Comment