Saturday, August 1, 2009

The View


From my living room, where I am sitting at this moment, the view is exactly what I would wish for. In the early morning hours I sit in the living room to write, because the view is so breath taking to me, drink coffee....duh!... and enjoy the quiet of that time.

The two cats we have wander back and forth, stopping to rub their furry heads on my ankles. I think it is their way of giving me good morning hugs. I think they like the quiet morning hours also.

In the fall and winter the view through the windows would be only shades of gray and shadows of trees. On those days, I use my mind to imagine what the day will be once the sun decides to rise.

In the spring and summer, the view is full of life early in the day. Birds fly and chatter. The last of the night bugs and moths make their way to their safe day time havens. My oil warmer glows as the fragrance of the day filters through the room. Today's choice was ocean breeze. Pray tell, how do they and who is it that captures the fragrance of an ocean breeze?


On this particular morning, I am seeing much of what I viewed yesterday at this exact same time. The sun is beating down on the cluster of bushes at the end of the driveway. My rose bushes are thristy. The grass is looking sadly yellow. :(

However, what I view is not exactly truth.

In my mind, I am recalling the past days of this week to go along with the view. But it isn't so. The air is cool today. The entire day will be much much cooler than the beginning of this week was. We can all take a breath and do some living and moving today.

I can go out and prove it to myself and since we are talking truth, I did do just that, had to. :)



Things aren't always what they seem.
People aren't always what they seem.
I made a mental note of that.

~~
Things Aren't Always What They Seem

The other day we were motoring along a street and came up behind a yellow school bus. As it moved along ahead of us a computer printed, laminated 11" x 8.5" paper was jostling a bit on a clip that was attached to a suction cup holding the sign in the back window.

When the bus stopped briefly at a four-way intersection we got close enough to read the sign. "This bus is EMPTY" it said.

"If it's 'empty,' I wonder what's driving it?" I asked Steve as it pulled away from us.

When it turned I could see two people inside. Empty? Perhaps a new driver and a trainer? Or a student that forgot to get off at the school?

Would it have been better for the sign to read: "Out of Service" or "Driver in Training"? Or maybe you can hail an empty bus like you can hail an empty taxicab?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment