Thursday, January 14, 2010

...and so he said

I love you, to which I had no reply. All I could think on was why does this have to be and this very instance when I am shaken by the power he has over me, is but one of the reasons that I am left empty of emotion for him.

He continued on, "You don't love me do you?"

I told him I don't know what I am. I am not sure what kind of answer that was or what exactly it meant but mostly I was confused. My mind was filled with a fog and my heart was heavy.

Confused because I find his anger easier to deal with. When he is in a happy mood I am caught off guard. It is not the norm. When he is in a good frame of mind I find myself watching and waiting like a deer quenching its thirst from a small patch of rain water, all the while, watching for a predator to attack and being ready to run when the moment rises as I know, the moment will come. Or maybe it saddens me because I do miss those times of happiness that were once upon a time, far away now and so long ago and very much a part of the past.

I wonder when it was that they slipped into the abyss.

No comments:

Post a Comment