Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Company

I had company last weekend. Where I lived before I was not able to have company. Seems the event was an intrusion for some reason. My guess, as it can only be a guess, is if company came, a certain person had to be on their best behavior and that made it difficult to relax and be themselves at home. bummer

She is a fine lady. She is a fun lady. Diana is like no one I have ever met before. We talk about things I would NEVER ever talk to anyone else about. We cover everything from hot flashes to the joys of a bubble bath to what makes us tick and our wishes and dreams. But the route we take getting to those subjects and the giggles that come up while we are in conversation are extremely entertaining...to me anyway.

Just so happens she is a Tastefully Simple home party lady. She was coming down from Oak Harbor to chat in person about an event coming up that needed a face to face conversation rather than a phone call or an email communication. I thought while she was here I would invite some friends over so she could hold a home party at the same time.

As I said, company is not something I am use to. Other than my sons and a couple I have met, I have not had people over, nor aliens...giggle. Just me and my ipod to keep me company.

Friendships come in all forms. I would have to say I am enjoying the blessed addition to my new world. I would also have to say that Patty, who lives in California is my best friend. We talk about very personal issues, make up stories and giggle all the way through. I know that no matter what is going on, I can count on her to listen and I believe she knows I am there for her also.

Sally is a friend I have known for many years. She is a great baker, no that is not the reason we are friends although she does make great cookies! It was sad circumstances that brought us together but since that time in her life, we have emailed each other daily. We live in the same city, or at least it was so before I moved recently, and yet even then, without her emails waiting to greet me each morning, I would be lost.

I am finally learning what relaxing is all about now that I am forming a new beginning. Making new friends and reestablishing old friends has been a gift in my life that I am very thankful for.

I do hope in your life you have friendships. There is no greater value than having someone to talk to when you feel sad, alone, have great news to share or just want to chat over a cup of hot cocoa...with marshmallows of course.

Thanks for stopping by today. I guess in our way, via my writing and your reading, we have a friendship of our own also.

Blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment