Thursday, January 21, 2010

Clouds


I got up late this morning which was a major bummer. I had to make some changes in my morning routine in order to get out of the house on time and head to work. I forgot my lunch...thought about it after I got on the freeway. No way I could turn back, I knew I would just have to do without.

I noticed the sky was brighter, a nice change from the gray days we have been having where I can see the road but not much in the way of scenery. The sky was fairly clear...hurray...outdoor recess today for the kids at school. I always like it when they can go outside for recess. They get so wound up having to stay indoors and find things to do for entertainment during recess. When they go outside and have a more active recess I find more teachable moments exist.

Then I saw a sight in the sky that brought tears to my eyes. Two lone clouds. One a bit larger than the other one. There was a drift of cloud between them as if they were reaching out to each other. Not that clouds have hands but if only they did....

What I thought on was one of my sisters. She is far away, two states away in California. During the week she goes to different cities in California. I am never sure what city she will be in and somehow that makes me miss her all the more...wondering where she is and how she is doing. The clouds, well, the larger one would be her, she is my big sister after all. I am the smaller one. I am an adult now but will always be the baby in the family.

We text from time to time but not as often as I would like. Both of us have busy lives. We try our best to keep connected just hike the clouds seem to be doing.

As a child she p
estered me. I think it is the big sister job to pester the baby sister. In our teen years I was still the baby sister and only got included in on games of hide and seek where I hid and she and her friends disappeared. hmmm I had to reach adulthood and beyond to get her attention and love but I have it now and embrace our fun sister secrets and giggle moments.

...back to dreaming and cloud watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment