Friday, January 1, 2010

Home

I went home today. I discovered what I kinda sorta already knew - not all homes are always home sweet home. Sometimes, once you leave and taste the freedom you find you can never go back there. Being home again, I was suddenly woken by a familiar sound. I found myself in the midst of a journey where I was dazed and without a clue. There was a battle stirring, I knew I needed to retreat before it was complete and I was lost forever. I have no strength left to fight any longer.

When I am away, when I am alone, I see my life like water to a seed. Everything seems right. I can sit back without condemnation, make my fingers through my hair, sigh, close my eyes and find myself in a place where I slowing drift into a deep dream with brilliant colors I have never seen before of where I want to be. I have prayed that prayer a thousand times. The place I find myself in as I dream is where I can reach out and touch the face of the One who made me. I wonder if I ever want to wake up. Where I was feeling weakness, I have become stronger. I have been practicing life through all that it was and as I strived for over the course of 30 plus years. Somehow my endeavors were never good enough. I felt so useless. You'd think I'd have it down by now....so what am I still doing here....

...and so he said to me in a bereaved voice and with a despairing look in his eyes, "I've had a few tastes of freedom recently and find it hard to live where I am - to go back home."


hmmmm


Not another word was spoken between us on our drive for some time. Both of us knew that I understood.


Maybe it was my T-shirt that gave it away...


Happy New Year

May the new year be filled with many blessings for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment