Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Garden


We have had a mild winter here in the Pacific Northwest. For that I am thankful. The past few winters have been harsh. It has been tough going for many folks who are still repairing their life from last winter.


I can't wait to plant flowers. I am going to start with roses. Don't know which ones, which color of exactly how many, but flowers will be coloring and joining the space I take up in this world soon.


Friends - I have friends. Actually I have had friends for some time but just didn't know it. I couldn't see them past the fog that filled my life. Now that most of it has lifted, I am finding abundant pleasures fill my heart from the blessing that friendships bring.


Friends are like flowers to me. Just as I would nurture the flowers I also nurture my friendships. Don't you?


Friends come in all forms just like flowers do. Some are very colorful, fragrant, delicate, all of them are very pleasant and each one is unique.


One friend is a wild child, at least I think of her that way. She takes me to the edge of my boundaries but won't make me cross over. One is a hugger, she makes my day feel calm and settled. One is very serious and business like. It helps me adjust my sense of order that helps me in my days. Some are shoppers and 'let's go out to eat' kind of friends. One friend in particular is a listener, I admire that in a person. Listening is hard skill to learn. I have a friend who is always there when I need them whether I need it to be quiet, or someone to laugh with me or joke with me, someone to remind me of who I am inside.


I need my friends. I need all of them. Their contibution to my life makes each day worth getting up for. My dreams are sweeter. My shoulders are lighter as they help me carry my burdens.


I hope you have friends in your world. I hope you appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment