Sunday, January 3, 2010

Purple Sky


A purple sky closes up the day. Christmas is but just a memory now. Last year is gone. No way to have a redo even if I wanted to.


The sky grows darker as day turns to night. I cross my arms on the back of the couch and lean in to a catch a view upward. I watch for a shooting star, certain that tonight there will be one. From under my fingers I can feel the pulse within my wrist.


I wonder, if no shooting stars enter my gaze, will I at least have the spendor of a snowfall tonight? If I wish on a star for the grace to accept who I am, will it become more of a sure thing if it were a shooting star? Is there a rule book on that?
If only I felt I measured up to everyone's expectations.
If only my life made more sense to me.
If only I feel I could totally forgive myself for my short comings and countless mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment