Sunday, January 24, 2010

Seeing Things

I had a disagreement with a friend the other day. I was left with mind wanderings and no words. I was unsure what to say or how to feel. All that I was feeling was fear and confusion. I heard their expectations. I heard my heart tell me I could not meet their expectations and remain true to who I am. It simply was not me and if I complied, I would be entering a territory that was way beyond my boundaries.

Being new to really communicating with people and speaking my voice rather than only complying, I was lost at how to proceed.

I slept on it. I felt the same the next morning, feeling confirmed that what I believed to be so for me was correct. I asked them again if we had an argument. I think I heard a giggle although a silent one. They replied with a no. I was glad, all the same I felt badly not being able to meet their expectations but glad that I stayed strong in my beliefs.

I know there are experiences I have never imagined that will be beautiful additions to my world. I know I must discern what I will do, where I will go and what I will be a part of. I know I must try new adventures in order to grow and not be afraid as I embrace the journey. Challenges will come in my life as I move forward. I will take each step forward with the grace of God and ask for His help to keep me safe and wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment