Saturday, January 16, 2010

The War

I tried not to cry as the tears filled my eyes. I knew my friend was nearby, in spirit, raising me up above the battle that was raging as he spouted off harsh words I knew he didn't really mean and would be sorry for shortly after our conversation ended. The thought of the support I had and the person I have become, gave me strength as I searched my heart for words to express how I feel. All the while, truly hoping my words would come out right and would give clarity to my feelings, all the while, truly hoping the hurt that my words were causing him would come with a buffer from the love that they were spoken in.

I wonder if he heard me. I hoped a wall did not fly up keeping the truth from entering his space.

If words could only make wishes come true, we would both have left our meeting with high hopes and bright spirits for a better future for each of us, but sometimes wishes don't come true.

I know deep inside he feels he really tried. I know deep inside my hear that I really tried to make our life be a happy ever after. Our best was not successful. Now, two hearts were breaking. I hope he doesn't try to forget my name.

My dreams, the ones that fill my mind and keep my heart beating, and this new life that I have discovered, filled with possibilities - they are what keep me going.

So, excuse me now while I slowly turn another page and attempt to make this life of mine, that the sun has ripened, into something. I feel a need restore my faith in hoping, drink of the music and hopefully...find peace and true unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment