Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Coping

How do you cope when people snap at you. Is that the word you use...snap? Not that I see teeth and invision an alligator or giant sea turtle snapping in my direction but hopefully you get the idea.

It always comes out of the blue when I least expect it. Kinda sorta like in the old days when I would be playing my favorite 45, suddenly the song is met with a skip due to playing it too often. The flow of the mood is interuppted. I can't enjoy the moment any longer. I know I needed to move on so I would take the record off the player and search for a new one in hopes of bringing back the joy.

You can't dismiss a person in that same fashion. If I lift the needle off 'the record' I doubt it would be of help.

So I shut down. I then ponder in my brain what I might of done or said that caused the snapping in my direction. I always find the fault lies with me so that is my natural course of thoughts. Frankly I don't hear much else of what they are saying because my inner record is stuck!

I then agree with Pooh Bear...Oh bother

I know I am cared for but the words that were snapped aren't received in my heart with love. Hmmm So I battle with the feelings I have inside and try not to let it show. I guard myself with positive self-talk. It doesn't seem to help.

Hours later I am still wondering what it was all about and begin praying the moment won't rise again. I dwell on it and ponder what I can do different the next time so I don't get dished out the same service.

There you have it. My thoughts for today, like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment