Saturday, July 25, 2009

Compassion



I went to a friends home this morning and we chatted...I take that back...we cried.

She is the only friend I have like her. No matter where we are in the world, we can feel each others pain, we know when the other of us is hurting.

We wake in the night and hear the others name. The feelings are deep and hard to describe but there are times when I have a heavy pain in my being that rises to release sobbing. It's compassion.

She doesn't live nearby anymore. :( We were neighbors for years. I'm glad I cherished that time, especially now that our visits are few.

Today was the day.
One of us knew the other was in need so first the phone call.
Yep, true enough, after the hello and hearing the familiar voice, the tears flowed.
One of us was in need. The other one was there.
The meeting always begins with a hug. I am not a hugger - I already know I am weird but thanks for reminding me - someday we can sit and chat about it over a Starbucks Chai Tea. She is one person a hug feels natural with. Don't try to analzye that, I have and have not figured it out yet.

It's the kind of friendship you can say anything and neither of us are shocked. Don't get excited or try to investigate because we are both very boring people so the shock value will be low...giggle Everything and anything said is confidential. I appreciate that...wouldn't you?

I hope you have a friend like that. At least one. There are times when I am scared and feel like I will never fit in, I feel all alone...you too?...but then I am reminded of the blessings of special people in my life like my friend in Centralia and the one I have in Kent, then suddenly all is well again.

I hope you enjoy your weekend. Today the weather started heating up for us in this corner of the world and it is going to get hotter as the week progresses. As with all the princesses, I have an a/c and I like to share so feel free to stop by if the need rises.



2 comments:

  1. your blog is so in teresting! I want to improve my English, so my comment is not good. I can see that you are so honest!

    ReplyDelete