Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Heat Escape

Are you tired of hearing about the heat?! If that is the case, then please pass me by cause I am still soooo talking about the high temps we are having. After all, it is history in the making and we are part of it.

giggle

I heard the same story this past winter about living in history making days, when I made silly attempts to drive to work on snow days only to discover just how not fun it is to slip in the parking lot. I love it when there are no witnesses for such occurrences.

Last night around 6:00, a delivery had to be made. Someone needed a lawn mower. Who in their sound mind, would be thinking of mowing this week? :)

I went along to keep the driver company. I wasn't looking forward to leaving the house I had been working feverishly on to keep cool, failing at it though but determined to keep at it. And so it was, I bravely put my hand on the door knob and gave it a slow turn. - hey baby steps here

The heat hit me. I didn't know weather could do that. I expect it from snowflakes, hail and rain drops but not heat....hmmm

We drove along back roads that were tree lined. I guess you know now that I continued to be brave and did make it to the car. First of all, I must say I was in awe. I have lived here for 19 years and yet have only ventured to a hand full of places in this wonderful part of the world and that road was not one of them. Even though the road was at the other end of Winston Creek which is where I live. sheltered life...I know, I know

Not only was the view inspiring, the air was cool too there also. And oh my, there was a lake there I had never even heard of. Something with bell on the end of it. Most of you from this area probably know which one I mean and have experienced the beauty of that area.

Life lesson - for me:

Staying content in my home where I moved fans and adjusted the a/c left me almost miserable.

When all I needed was to make a move, become proactive towards a change in the misery of my surroundings.

sigh
and bummer

I will have to remember this tid bit



No comments:

Post a Comment