Monday, July 20, 2009

Different

I have a friend who takes a medication that alters their personality a bit when they take it. In a good way? ...hmmm not sure on that answer as they are simply... not themselves, or at least the person I have come to know.

They say words they don't usually use. Nothing inappropriate but certainly worth taking note of.

I finally told them I felt like I was talking to a stranger.

They said they knew that inside they feel different but didn't know that it showed up on the outside.

One day I got a text message asking if I would mind talking to a stranger. I knew what they meant. I appreciated that they cared about my feelings and I found it interesting....

Everything is interesting to me. Everything is intriguing to me. It's just that sometimes I don't ask questions or venture further to investigate. That would mean taking a risk that could end up in a place I don't want to be. Then it would be a wah moment

Life circumstances, medication, long drives, vacation days, work days, illness, they all effect most of us in one way or another. Are you one of those who while on vacation are delightful but when you return to work or home you are a grump? Are you one of those who are light-hearted but when on the road behind a slow moving vehicle become filled with fury that even your mother would not recognize?

What is she trying to say ...I am putting words in your mouth here, hope you don't mind my speaking for you... :)

I hope to be like my friend and be in tune to the stirrings inside of myself. I hope that the me inside and the me that shows on the outside are true to each other. And that no matter what circumstance I may find myself in, vacation, work or viewing a vehicle from my rear view mirror, that is so close I can see their lovely blue eyes,and read their lips quite clearly, that I will remember who I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment