Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Enlighten My Darkness


Last night, the last place I wanted to be was outside. It was HOT.

This morning I went outside to tend to the fish in the pond. I took a step on the porch and was in no hurry to continue any further. The coolness in the air was familiar, yet at the same time, not what I had felt when I ventured on the porch last night to view the thermometer - which was a mistake! This morning, this place, was the only place I wanted to be.

Inhale and exhale. Take in the cool morning air. Perhaps if I stood there in that manner long enough I could fill up my entire being, sealing it in somehow to last the entire day.


I reflected on how I felt last night to this morning and life. Are you surprised? Try not to be.

No matter how HOT things might be in your life from time to time. No matter where you might be in a circumstance that is unpleasant, horrendous, or you feel not survivable, open yourself up the glimpses of serenity that God places in your life. He does. I believe that. I've experienced it. It isn't a tease but a reflection, a reminder of where you are going, to encourage you along. It can strengthen your faith that the serenity you long for is on its way.

That faith will help you endure.

In moments like that, allow the inspiration to flow in and be filled. God causes everything to work together for those who love God.


The picture is entitled Enlighten My Darkness. It seemed fitting.


...with every new day, there comes a song with the dawn


No comments:

Post a Comment