Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Your Day


It is my youngest sons birthday today.


I can still recall labor day...giggle

I was saddened by the day. Is that crazy talk...perhaps. I knew from the labor pains that the precious gift I held inside o
f me for nine months was now leaving my care. Words will come from my heart to his and he will no longer perceive them like he had in those months. In a few hours, he will no longer be as protected from the world. I will never again hold him as I was holding him at that moment. It will never be the same.

Time will continue
He will grow

He will experience life at its best and at its worst

I sat at the edge of the hospital bed, tiny toes, tiny hands, his body wrapped snug in a soft bl
anket I had picked out just for him, but mostly wrapped in my love and covered in my prayers for a blessed life.

How now can it be that this small child is taller
than I today.

How now can it be he is so wise and caring.

Will he always run to feel safe in my arms.

Will he drink in the richness of the world.

Have I trained you up, my child, in the way that I should.

How will you deal with the
challenges that come your way.

As quickly as a season passes, so it seems you have grown.

May every dream that you dare to dream come true.


May “Your roots … grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.” Ephesians 3:17-18


No comments:

Post a Comment