Saturday, July 18, 2009

Julie Update

If you are unfamiliar with Julie and I, and our adventures...ah, let me restate that for accuracy...the adventures - she places me in :) you will have to go back and read a few previous posts . It will be worth the trip.

I got a postcard from Coniston. I knew right away it was from Julie as she treks through England with her sister. How did I know? There were mountains on the front. She was daring me, I ju
st know it!


...and so she goes - "I thought of you and me when we hiked ...the scenery is incredible..."

SEE! She is trying to tempt me. I need to make it clear to her that my once in a lifetime trek up a portion of Mt. Rainier with her was just that, ONCE!

She mentioned she and her sister hiked about 65 miles and will be doing about 30 more in the next couple of days. She is amazing.

My new summer goal...finding creative ways to let Julie know that I hold the memory so dear of our hike, knowing nothing will ever top the joie de vivre, so I prefer to continue to savor the memory rather than make a new one.

I would rest in that but I know Julie and Julie knows me. She will never stop her attempts to challenge me. That is what I treasure most about her in my life.

I hope you have a Julie in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment