Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Little Things

There are some people who exist best when others say the words I love you often.

Maybe because I am a visual learner. Maybe because I am a woman. Maybe and simply because I am me, I prefer -

More than words

True story -

Once upon a time, long ago and far away, after a hard day of work, I arrived home to find little things that said I love you. Fact is, the giver was seated in a comfy chair dressed up as if ready for a date....

sigh

It was a normal, ordinary kind of day. Much like all the days that had gone before. Except - what a fine looking man, all dressed up and with a kind smile, watching me, waiting for my response as I entered the room and saw one little thing after another that said, I love you. He didn't point them out, that made it all the more special. The beds were made, the place was picked up, there was special chocolate candy....oh my, and a bottle of water on ice, I love that! There was more of course but you get my point. All of those little things said I love you.

That is all I ever want. All the little things that say I love you, to me, were far more cherished than the words ever could express. Please don't use words when your actions don't match up.

How about you?
Care to share with me stories of ways you or others expressed love and care without words?

I would treasure hearing from you. dieball@tds.net




No comments:

Post a Comment