Friday, July 17, 2009

A Funny Story


I got interested in aromatherapy last year. It's all very funny actually. The purpose was to find ways of calming a student I worked with. I try never to give up in my pursuits and had used every tool I had available to me but nothing was working.

Then I read about aromatherapy.
I asked a few co-workers. One happened to be someone who had a great deal of knowledge about it and practiced aromatherapy.

Cool!


I made purchases. I got all the products I needed, the oils and warmers.


Looking good!

Feeling good about this.

I practiced at home. I think I like this more and more and feel confident it is going to work.

Monday comes. I go to work extra early and set everything up and get calming oil warming up.

I will slip in here that I have some very groovy neighbors at work....classrooms that are on all sides of me with very entertaining staff. We work well together. I think that is mostly because we understand teamwork. That does not happen everyday in my world.

I left my room to go chat with staff and check my mail box.
Fifteen minutes later I head back to my room, open the door and received a blast of scented air. I did not take into account that the room I work in is much smaller than my home so the amount of oil and length of time warming it did not need to be the same. oops

No big deal. I opened the door and let the fragrance drift down the hall. After I felt enough scent therapy had left my room, I closed the door again and waited expectantly for the student to arrive.

I went through this process daily for three days. The student, for various reasons, did not attend on those days but the room was ready!

Finally the day came when the room with the aromatherapy and the student met forces. I felt confident and rested in knowing this process has been well tested at home and now...on fellow staff members...and seems to be a success.

cool

.....bummer--

I have an addition to the research on aromatherapy.
It does not work with some people in some situations.


However, on the upside, several of us staff members (me and my neighbors) who soaked in the calming oil, felt it worked for us and wondered if we should ask the school board to order a hot tub to go with it....after all, we had a large supply of calming oils and it seems the logical sort of thing to do :)


No comments:

Post a Comment