Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Enemy



I have an enemy. I am referring to a person in general, not THE enemy who prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

It is all very sad really. For years we were friends. Then one day things changed. My friendship status changed to being on their enemy list. It was all very legal and a very serious matter. I was clueless - still am.

I didn't see that coming.

It was been 5 or 6 years now. I was bewildered, angry, afraid, sad, and felt lost. I tried everything on my part to find out what the issue was. I would give it to the Lord then take it back. I played that game for a few years. Finally, two years ago, I gave it to the Lord again but this time, without taking it back.

He is taking care of it.

I have rest.

We still don't speak. But I am no longer uncomfortable. I have worked through the forgiveness process.

Truth is, I think they don't like the way things are but don't know how to work it out. For now, I am letting it go. I will not interfere with the Lord's work. If and when the time comes for us to repair and rebuild our friendship, I know it will be clear to both of us.

Until that time, I can honestly say I love that person. Daily, I lift them up to the Lord in prayer for blessings in their life and mean it.

Forgiveness is a process. Forgiveness is a choice you can make or not make.

No comments:

Post a Comment