Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Taste and See


One of the things I have in common with a friend is we both like to cook and bake. We take turns sharing our latest yummy delights when we get together. Last trade was my cappuccino truffles for fudge.

YUM in both cases. I am no dummy. I saved some truffles for myself :)

Life lesson- For the moment, fudge or truffles fill a need...if you are like most woman, or want if you are like some men or just don't care.

giggle

But it is just that, pleasurable,temporary and too much of these delights will have a negative affect.

yikes!

Same in the world with temporary fixes. We continue to need, want, and long. Reason is because most times, the pleasure or delights we select to fill ourselves with don't ever reach the depths of where the emptiness needs filling.


Only Jesus can truly satisfy our deepest wants, needs and longings.

Open your life to Jesus.

Tell Him your wants, needs and longings.

May you take time, on this day, to taste and see that the Lord is good.

I want to bless the Lord by trusting Him and giving my desires and my hungers to Him.
I want to be filled with Him.
For He is good.


I will bless God every chance I get;
my lungs expand with his praise.

I live and breathe God;
If things aren't going well,
hear this and be happy

Join me in spreading the news
together
let's get the word out

God met more than halfway

he freed me from my anxious fears
Look at him;
give him your warmest smile.

Never hide your feelings from him.

When I was desperate,
I called out,

and God got me out of a tight spot.
God's angel sets up
a circle
of protection around us
while we pray.

Open your mouth and taste,
open your eyes
and see how good God is.

Blessed are you who run to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment