Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Little Longer


I have been playing a game with the heat lately. Mostly the heat wins but I do try to move fans and adjust the air conditioner, adjust blinds etc.

This morning I was able to keep the windows and doors open a little longer than yesterday. The coolness lingered in the morning hours, in fact longer than I had anticipated, which was a fine surprise indeed.

Then the sun came like a blast. It didn't slip in, suddenly the sun and heat had my attention.

So as I shut windows and closed the blinds to keep out the part of the day that was trying to bring misery...again....

I thought of my life and this morning's blessing of a few more minutes of coolness. Perhaps the Lord was speaking to me in that process of game playing I did with the weather this morning.

Will there be an even longer period of coolness tomorrow morning. Perhaps.

Will there still be days when I rise to find the heat has overtaken any coolness the morning might have offered. Perhaps.

But like with all things, it is but for a season.





No comments:

Post a Comment