Saturday, July 18, 2009

Awwwww

For three days I struggled under the strong arm of
Hitler Style control.

Angry eyebrows.
On the prowl.
Standing watch.
Arms folded.


Where to find relief.

How do I tell them, in love, I want to be left alone.
So I work at being invisible.
I stress.
I use strategy.
I neglect my health.
I lose focus.

Then the last day comes and I found it. The perfect place for peace, for my escape. It was while on a break between the first two classes. I headed down the hall and around a corner. A place I had passed many times without noticing the inviting dark green bench.

I sat.
I was right.
It was as comfy as it looked.
I could view out the wall size windows
at the beauty of the roaming hills.

It was cool in temperature.
It was quiet from voices.
No Hitler.
No stress.
And so I sat.
I closed my eyes and soaked in the tranquilty I was experiencing.


Awww - a friendly face. A lady I met at the convention passes by and says hi. Like me, she was there for the classes - the education and networking. Like me, she did not want to be held down to other peoples agendas at the end of the day but wanted to explore the city we were in, by walking or driving. It felt good to be with someone who identifies with me.

I wonder why?

Do I wear the face of a victim?

Is it an invitation?

Can they smell my fear?

What is so intriguing and draws them?


No comments:

Post a Comment