Sunday, July 26, 2009

Walkin'


Before the new dawn broke I was walking - in someone else's shoes.

I am proud of myself for wearing shoes! :) I was on my treadmill. I learned last summer that treadmills tend to chew up bare toes and spent several weeks of recovery - I know - silly lady - but I had such lovely manicured toenails that I did not want to cover up!

You noticed I said 'someone else's shoes'. Tis true. I am evolving. I am not who I was yesterday or Friday. I am not now who I will be tomorrow, so my shoes - but not my shoes. Does that make sense?

I looked down to read how far I had walked. 73.28. giggle That was the calories I was burning. Still, a pleasant number. 1.28 miles today!

Why register the .28, afterall, it is such a small amount. My walk is baby steps. I don't dive like you do, I wade in. I am one baby step closer (1 +.28) towards my goal.

How did we move from someone else's shoes to goals and baby steps....haven't you figured out yet how my mind works?

I have several goals. I love setting goals. Some are top priority.

You too? cool

One of my new high priority goals is to walk every morning. I can't walk the easement road I am on, it is too short unless I venture down the embankment to the lake...in the early morning hours before dawn when I am up and walking.....SPLASH! :)

Winston Creek - I won't be walking down there. No walking space...argg ... who's in charge!

Thus, the treadmill. I moved it yesterday to a new position in front of a window...all by myself thank you very much. I am a CAPABLE woman you know. I downloaded some 200+ songs on an ipod given me from my new bestest friend so I was set and enjoyed my morning indoor walk.

Look out goals cause I am on a roll

Second goal of high importance was to have a talk with someone in particular...not just someone random...don't be silly :) Most of the time, I have a purpose to all I do.

I rehearsed. I prepared. I worried...just cause I do. :) I was psyched and ready! I had every possible response they might toss my way, covered in my mind and just KNEW this 'talk' would be successful.

Funny thing about talks/conversations, they involve more than one person and if person #2 has not been informed, how do they know to prepare or participate?


Hmmmmmm


Long story made short....only a wee portion of what I wanted to say got said. Response was nothing more than grunts and blank stares meaning to me, I'm hot, had a long day and I'm not listening...


bummer






No comments:

Post a Comment